The Child Care Center (CCC) offers a variety of programs:
Full Day Child Care for ages three and four with Morning Preschool (academics) Before and After School Care for grades K- 8th Grade Full Day Child Care for grades K- 8th Grade:
- Teacher Workdays
- Select Holidays
- Snow days
- Christmas Break
- Spring Break
- Summer Program
The Staff: Since the Child Care Center is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, the vocational staff has training in CPR, First Aid, and continuing education courses which they are required to take each year. The CCC has three Leader Teachers and three Aides for the Preschool Program and Three Leader Teacher and four Aides for the School Age Program, supervised by Director Belinda Divelbiss.
Enrollment: The Child Care Center accepts children who are age three and four for the Preschool Program and children who are in kindergarten through the 8th grade for the School Age Program. Listed below are forms that are necessary to enroll you child in the Child Care Center. Click on each link to view and print out forms. Fill out the Registration Form, Parent Agreement Form, Emergency Care Card, Travel/Field Trip Permission Form, Sunscreen & Insect Repellent Authorization Form and Medicine Authorization Form (if applicable) and return them to the Child Care Center.
- Read and print the School Entrance Health Form (Physical / Immunization Record)
- Read and print the Parent Packet (for all programs) which contains our fee schedule, policies and procedures.
- Read and print a Registration Form to enroll your preschool or school-age child.
- Read and print Parent Agreement (for all programs).
- Read and print the Emergency Care Card (for all programs) which must be on file in case your child needs medical attention because it gives us permission to have your child treated.
- Read and print Travel/Field Trip Permission Form which allows us to transport your child on field trips and scheduled activities.
- Read and print Sunscreen and Insect Repellent Authorization Form which allows us to apply these over the counter products under staff supervision.
- Read and print the Medication Authorization Form which must be on file for children who require medication (prescription or over the counter) during our operating hours.
- Read and print the Photograph and Video Release Agreement Form.
Program: The Child Care Center is open year round, except on scheduled school holidays. The CCC meets each day from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm for our Preschool Program and our School Age Program on Teacher Workdays, Snow Days, Select Holidays, Christmas Break, Spring Break and the Summer Program. During the school season the CCC meets each day from 6:30 a.m. to bus pickup and from bus arrival until 6:30 p.m.
Activities include outdoor and indoor recreation, games, crafts, art projects, and time for homework, Bible Club and a place for quiet reading. A snack with juice or milk will be served in the morning and afternoon each day. If you are enrolled in our full day child care programs you are required to provide a lunch for your child.
This program is maintained in accordance with Virginia state licensing requirements and with the standards for quality care set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young children and the Virginia School-Age Child Care Network.
The Child Care Center admits children of any race, color, or natural origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available to students attending the Child Care Center. However, we are not equipped to handle physically and mentally handicapped children.
Ms. Belinda Divelbiss, Director
One Church Lane
Locust Grove, VA 22408
Phone: (540) 972-2349